So it’s been more than a month since I last posted on here.
Oops. Lots of people have been gently prodding me lately to get back into the
habit of writing, so here I am. We’ll see if it sticks.
Life has been busy lately, but mostly in a good way. Daphne has gone from being mostly content to sit and watch the world go by to an active little girl who is always wanting to sit or stand up, to grab the things around her, and to babble at anyone who is around. This has all been keeping me busy, but it’s been a lot of fun, too. I love her little voice.
Life has been busy lately, but mostly in a good way. Daphne has gone from being mostly content to sit and watch the world go by to an active little girl who is always wanting to sit or stand up, to grab the things around her, and to babble at anyone who is around. This has all been keeping me busy, but it’s been a lot of fun, too. I love her little voice.
Daphne has been blowing spit bubbles for a while now – just moving her tongue and lips in a way that she eventually creates dozens of tiny bubbles around her lips, and eventually down her chin. Just this week, she discovered that she can also actively blow out to make a delightful noise and a big, wet mess. It still surprises her sometimes when she does it, like she doesn’t know it’s coming from her, but we all laugh, so she laughs too. She spit onto Ben’s leg one night when he was holding her, which was hilarious. She has such a great laugh. She loves being tickled on her tummy or kissed on her cheeks and neck or having people make funny noises at her.
This morning she woke up with what I suspect is the beginnings of her first cold. She was coughing a little bit last night, and this morning she sneezed out more snot than a baby should have in her nose. She’s been mostly her happy self, still, which hopefully means she’s not feeling too crummy. But she has been napping a little more than usual today, hence the blogging.
Speaking of naps, my hope for the next month or two is that she becomes a more consistent napper. These days, she probably has four 30-minute cat naps during the day, which leave me with enough time to grab a snack and get started on some little task before she wakes up. Ideally, I’d love for her to be taking a couple of 1-hour naps, with maybe a cat nap in the late afternoon if she needs it. Ben and I have yet to discuss our philosophy on sleep training, so for now I’m just hoping she’ll settle into a better routine on her own. Stay tuned for further reports.
No comments:
Post a Comment