We're coming up on Daphne's 6-week birthday, which is incredibly difficult for me to believe. And it also means that it's really time to get back into the swing of things with exercising. I went to a water aerobics class three times a week while I was pregnant, but I'm not feeling ready to leave Daphne to exercise yet.
This means that heading out for a walk is going to be my exercise of choice for a while. We got an awesome stroller that's really easy to push, and there's lots of walkable areas nearby. We can go one way and stop at a Starbucks after a mile, or go the other way and get to a big lake after a mile, or go another way and walk through a neighborhood of million-dollar homes.
Today, when I woke up and discovered it was less than 70 degrees outside (the first time I can remember that happening since the morning Daphne was born, which was gorgeous and crisp), I decided it was the day to start our walking. We headed out in the stroller and walked to the lake. I wasn't exactly feeling up for walking around it (a little over a mile), so we hung out there for a few minutes and came back home.
And Daphne slept through the whole thing. I'm hoping someday she'll be more alert so she can see all there is to see when we're out and about.
No comments:
Post a Comment