One of the things I've had the hardest time with so far is figuring out what exactly to do with Daphne when she's not sleeping or eating. During the first couple of weeks, those two activities took up almost all of her time, but she's had more alert time lately and I'm needing to figure out what to do to fill it.
I really don't have much experience spending lots of time with tiny babies, although I have a lot more with little ones who are at least a few months old and are interacting more with toys and are mobile. But tiny babies, not so much.
So I've been trying to pick something new to do with Daphne every day. She sleeps much of the morning, but usually around mid-afternoon, she'll have a really alert hour when we can do something fun.
Today's activity was partially inspired by my childhood. I decided that Daphne needs some Raffi in her life, so we listened to his album Singable Songs for the Very Young while having some floor time. About half on her back and half on her tummy, to help her get stronger muscles without getting too frustrated. She loved watching me sing along to the ones I remember, like "Five Little Frogs," and I enjoyed being silly. There will surely be more of this activity in the coming weeks!
I love that you are discovering ways to teach Daphne fun things :) great job, mommy!
ReplyDelete