Wednesday, July 3, 2013

New mommy street cred: Taking a shower

Ok, so I'm really proud of myself right now. I somehow managed to take a shower, despite the fact that Daphne and I are the only ones at home right now, and she's been a light daytime sleeper, to say the least, for the last few days. But with stuff scheduled for tonight and the smell of curry oozing out of my pores, it had to be done.

The process looked something like this:

1. Feed Daphne. A lot.
2. Change Daphne's diaper.
3. Feed her again to make sure she wasn't going to suddenly decide she was still hungry.
4. Rock her to sleep and put her in the baby bouncer she loves.
5. Wait a bit to make sure she's really asleep, not just pretending.
6. Turn on the shower.
7. Carefully move Daphne in the baby bouncer into the bathroom. Wait a bit more to make sure she's still soundly asleep.
8. Take shower. Quickly! Before she wakes up!

All in all, it was about a 90-minute process, only 10 of which involved me being in the shower. But hey, I'm clean now, and that was the goal here!

No comments:

Post a Comment