Thursday, July 18, 2013

One-month checkup

I took Daphne to the pediatrician yesterday for her one-month checkup, and I am happy to report that she's awesome. After dropping from 6 lbs 8 oz at birth to 5 lbs 13 oz just 36 hours later, she's all the way back up to 8 lbs 8 oz! Given, this is the size of a lot of people's babies when they're born, but for my girl, it's a big deal.

Because she's doing so well, I got official permission to let her sleep as long as she wants overnight, rather than waking her up for feedings. After rolling into bed at 10:30 last night, I was pleasantly surprised for my next conscious moment to be when I heard her making cute noises at 5:18 this morning. That's almost 7 hours of sleep in a row! Crazy. I felt so alert after feeding her that I got up and made breakfast for Ben before sending him off to work, which is something I've done maybe once since Daphne was born. It's definitely fun to not have the mental haze of sleeplessness, and even if this isn't the norm going forward, I'm going to enjoy it today.

Daphne also grew an inch and a half, to 20.5 inches, and her head is 36 cm around, which is a gain of 3 cm. She's tracking with the 25th percentile on all of the growth charts, for those of you who are curious.

1 comment:

  1. I have loved reading your updates. Hooray for growth.

    I'm also thrilled that you got to sleep so long. It really makes you feel like a whole new person, doesn't it!

    Joy K.

    ReplyDelete